Sunday, June 21, 2009

Salmon with Horseradish and Lemon Cream


I made a quick and easy dinner for myself tonight with some salmon and the fresh peas I got yesterday at Green City Market. I kept the peas simple by just steaming them and tossing them in a little bit of butter, but I made a nice horseradish and lemon cream to spruce up the salmon.

¾ c. light sour cream
Juice of half a lemon
2 tbsp. prepared horseradish
1 tsp. Worcestershire
1 ½ tbsp. chopped chives
Salmon filet(s)
Olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste

1. To make the sauce, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire, chives, salt, and pepper. Keep cold.
2. Coat the salmon filet(s) with some salt, pepper, and olive oil. Broil on high on the top rack of the oven for about 8 minutes, or until desired doneness (I like my salmon cooked to medium).
3. Top the salmon with a little bit of the sauce and garnish with more chives.

1 comment:

j. mathew said...

My salmon was better than your salmon.