Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Restaurants: Momofuku Noodle Bar

Since I moved to New York last month, everyone has told me that I need to try the pork belly buns at one of the Momofuku restaurants. Fortunately, Noodle Bar and Ssäm bar are both within walking distance of new place. My roommate Jess is one of the many who have gushed about them, so we made our way to Noodle Bar (the more casual option) on Sunday night to check it out.

We started off with the pork belly buns. Each bun is filled with a couple generous slices of pork belly, cucumbers, hoisin, and scallions. When you top it off with a little bit of chili sauce, it’s…well…heaven.


We also tried the roasted brussels sprouts with bacon, kimchi, and carrots. If you know me, you know how I feel about Brussels sprouts. Bias aside, I think this dish could convert the most adamant brussels sprouts hater.


We then each got noodle bowls. I got the momofuku ramen with pork belly, pork shoulder, and a poached egg. I guess I went a little overboard on the pork, but how could I resist?


Jess tried the ginger scallion noodles. She also ordered a side of broth to pour over the noodles, which turned out to be a great call. The broth was incredible.


I’ll probably be back very soon...next weekend maybe??

Momofuku Noodle Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments: