Monday, June 13, 2011

Provençal White Bean Dip


I feel like I’ve kind of OD’d on hummus, so the white bean dip recipe on Serious Eats last week caught my eye. The addition of roasted garlic really takes this recipe to a whole new level. I also added a little bit of lemon juice to brighten the flavor a little bit. Aside from the time it took to roast the garlic, it was really fast and easy to put together.

We had it as an appetizer on Sunday with some endive leaves and toasted baguette slices. I think it will also replace hummus as my go-to snack from now on!

Ingredients

1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 head roasted garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of half a lemon
The leaves of 1 stem of fresh rosemary
The leaves of 3 stems of fresh thyme

Instructions

Puree everything and season with salt. I served it with some fresh thyme leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.

No comments: