Sunday, June 26, 2011

Restaurants: Pizzeria Posto

I have finally found a place to get my Neopolitan pizza fix in the Boston area. Pizzaria Posto, located in Davis Square, is right up there with a lot of the great Neopolitan pizzas I’ve had in New York. (Ok, it’s not as good as Motorino, but what is?)

Because the pizza is so top notch, I haven’t actually tried anything off of the rest of the menu. It all looks delicious, but it’s hard to go there and not order the pizza. In our latest visit, Matt and I split the Margherita and Eggplant pizzas.

Their Margherita has the standard toppings: San Marzano tomatoes, mozzarella (which they actually make), and basil. They also add parmesan, which is not traditional, but I can’t argue with it. The crust is nice and puffy around the edges, has the right amount of chew, and has that charred flavor from the super hot oven.

The eggplant pizza is pretty simple as well: San Marzano tomatoes, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, grilled eggplant, and fresh oregano. It’s similar to the Margherita, but the oregano gives it a nice twist. The grilled eggplant also gives it more of a charred flavor.

I try to sit at the bar when I go. The wait staff and seating area can be a little bit stuffy, but the bartenders are great. Either way, though, I highly recommend eating at Posto.

Pizzeria Posto
187 Elm St., Davis Square
Somerville, MA 02144
Pizzeria Posto on Urbanspoon

No comments: