Monday, August 1, 2011

Restaurants: American Flatbread


Matt and I kicked off our weekend in Burlington, Vermont with dinner at American Flatbread. I’m usually wary about restaurants with the word “flatbread” in their name (why not just call it pizza?), but a couple of people had recommended it. I figured if nothing else, they have a great beer list.


We split two “individual” sized pizzas. The first was the Roasted Tomato Salsa, which had homemade salsa, corn, black beans, cheese, and lots of cilantro. The crust was thin, crispy around the edges, but a little soft in the middle. It was good, but we weren’t blown away. I was also turned off by the square “slices,” but that might just be a personal pet peeve.


The combination of flavors went well together, but I think we both realized that we prefer a more traditional pizza.


Our second pizza was called the Revolution Flatbread. It had tomato sauce, caramelized onions, mushrooms, cheese, and fresh herbs.


This was definitely our favorite out of the two, but it was a little too light on the tomato sauce.


We got a side of their homemade hot sauce. It was spicy but flavorful, and gave a great kick to the salsa pizza.

Everything, including the beer, was good but not amazing. I guess I’m just picky about my pizza!


American Flatbread
115 Saint Paul St
Burlington, VT 05401
American Flatbread on Urbanspoon

No comments: